Get open your Google Doc’s about the Man in the Casket.
Let’s talk about Man in the Casket!
What themes are present in this story?
What songs did you guys select?
10 of you still have to get this done!
Period 4/5: We will be watching Secondhand Lions!
Today will be a heavy English day but remember… there is nothing but Photography on Friday! WOOT WOOT.
Secondhand Lions (This is in preparation for FIX ME. Which we will start next week!)
1. At the beginning of the movie it is evident that Walter doesn’t have a lot of self-esteem and isn’t overly happy with his life. How do we, the viewers, know this? (list two specific examples and explain) (2)
2. What happens in the movie to show the viewer that Walter is starting to build up his confidence and feel a sense of belonging? Explain how you know this (2)
3. How does Walter help his uncles? (1)
4. How are Walter and the lion similar? (2)
5. At the end of the movie the writers use a double entendre to end the movie on a powerful note. What is a double entrendre? How is it used in the movie? How does it allow the movie to have a powerful ending?(3)
Period 6: WORK PERIOD