Progress Report Day and Raider Time all week!
Bell Work: Take a look at Google Classroom as you have 4-5 assignments returned over the weekend.
Period 4: To Kill a Mockingbird continues…
Let’s get right to it.
THE TRIAL BEGINS.
Period 5: Social Studies 20
€ I can explain how the United Nations came to be. 1.61
€ I can explain the mission and aim of the United Nations. 1.62
€ I can explain why governments and organizations felt that the United Nations was necessary. 1.63
€ I can explain how the U.N. Declaration is maintained and enforced. 1.64
€ I can explain how human rights are stated and upheld by the United Nations. 1.65
1. Who is often the first on the ground when disaster strikes?
The United Nations often deals in providing clean water, vaccinating children and aiding farmers- among many other things.
2. How did the United Nations begin?
Name some of the area the United Nations ‘keeps the peace’.
3. How many child soldiers are in the world? approx…
4. How do they sustain peace?
5. What are the millennium development goals?
6. When is the target year?
7. Today more than ever the world needs United Nations.
-the consequences of a planet in peril
8. What is the UN doing about climate change?
9. What is the UN all about?
NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORGANIZATION
How powerful is Nato?
What is NATO?
Name 5 countries currently involved
How many member total make up NATO?
What does the agreement mean?
Compare and Contrast NATO and the UN.
Period 6: Photography Free-bie
It’s time to create!
You were given suggestions on what to create for this assignment in your Google Classroom Pre-Video comments.
If you don’t like that/didn’t get a specific or want something more linear…
Create a half animal half human: