Period 4/5: Social Studies 20:
Let’s begin with wrapping up your wall machines. Please submit them on Google classroom.
Do you have your independent novel selected? Do you have it for the weekend?
We will finish up with Turn of the 20th Century and World War I in period 4.
Period 5/6: English 20:
1. At the beginning of the movie it is evident that Walter doesn’t have a lot of self-esteem and isn’t overly happy with his life. How do we, the viewers, know this? (list two specific examples and explain) (2)
2. What happens in the movie to show the viewer that Walter is starting to build up his confidence and feel a sense of belonging? Explain how you know this (2)
3. How does Walter help his uncles? (1)
4. How are Walter and the lion similar? (2)
5. At the end of the movie the writers use a double entendre to end the movie on a powerful note. What is a double entrendre? How is it used in the movie? How does it allow the movie to have a powerful ending?(3)
6. Why do you think the movie is titled Secondhand Lion? Be sure to support your answer (2)
7. How did being raised by his uncles impact the man Walter grew to be? (3)
8. What does Walter have in common with Leia from Fix Me? (3)
9. What do the Lions have in common with Leia from Fix Me? (3)