Lets first go through the following list of assignments. All need to be handed in ASAP.
By handed in; all must be posted on your WordPress.
1) Independent Novel Studies
2) To Kill a Mockingbird Final Projects
3) English Final Essays
4) Movement Image
5) Avatar/Makeup Image
6) Social questions x2 (old posts on the Word Press)
a. Global Poverty Traps Targets
b. Welfare and Social Assistance Targets
7) Calendar Photoshop Assignment (one calendar page made in Photoshop is fine)
8) Image Reconstruction/Restoration Project
9) Persuasive Essays due before the break are OVERDUE
I know: Anna, Arnel, Bryn, Cali, Dez, Evan, Justine, Matt have been marked.
NEEDING: Zach, Justin, Dee, Shauna, Mike, Mason, Syd(?)
Media Studies 20 Final Projects
a. Ideas and plan due by January 13
b. FINAL projects due, finalized and posted January 17
Photography Final Project Portfolio
Bordertown Cafe Interview Assignments
THIS DAY IN HISTORY
1920 – The League of Nations ratified the Treaty of Versailles, officially ending World War I with Germany.
1920 – The League of Nations held its first meeting in Geneva.
2000 – It was announced that Time-Warner had agreed to buy America On-line (AOL). It was the largest-ever corporate merger priced at $162 billion. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) approved the deal on December 14, 2000.
2003 – North Korea announced that it was withdrawing from the global nuclear arms control treaty and that it had no plans to develop nuclear weapons.
2007 – The iTunes Music Store reached 1.3 million feature length films sold and 50 million television episodes sold.
Period 2: English 20
Bordertown Café Act I Questions
1) How does Jimmy react to the call from his dad?
2) What is his mother’s reaction to Don’s message?
3) What happened the last time Don was supposed to pick Jimmy up?
4) How does Jimmy feel about his dad?
5) How does Jimmy treat his mother and grandparents?
6) What do the grandparents think of Don? Why?
7) What is amusing about the conversation between Marlene and Maxine?
8) How do they all feel about jimmy going to live with Don?
9) What kind of a person is Jimmy? How do you know?
10) Why is Marlene upset at the thought of Jimmy leaving?
11) What does Maxine think of Canada and Canadians? How do you know?
12) Why is Jimmy reluctant to tell his mother about Linda?
13) How does Jimmy feel about Linda?
14) Why did Jimmy have an accident with his truck?
15) Why did he tell everyone he was drinking and driving?
16) Why is Jim opposed to Jimmy moving to the States with his dad?
17) What kind of a relationship has Jimmy had with Don? How do you know?
18) How does Jimmy feel about moving in with his dad?
Bordertown Café Act II Questions
1) How has Maxine’s attitude changed toward the USA from Act I? Why do you think this is?
2) Why does Jimmy not want to rush into marriage?
3) Why does Jimmy say “Grandad and me are the only ones know it’s the present.”?
4) Why did Jimmy score the Hat Trick that night? Why not another night?
5) Why does Jimmy buy his Marlene the diamond earring?
6) Why does Jimmy decide he wants to go live with his dad?
7) How does Jimmy hurt Max’s feelings?
8) Why did Max leave Jim right after they got married?
9) Why do you think Jimmy buys Marlene a new bathroom?
10) What does Jim think of Don?
11) What is Jim’s advice to Jimmy?
12) Why did Jim go down to Minnesota? Why hasn’t he told Max yet?
13) How did Jimmy finally stand up to his dad?
14) What made him come to the decision to stand up to him?
15) Explain the theme of home in this play.
16) Explain the theme of waiting in this play.
17) Explain the theme of American vs Canadian in this play.
18) How does this play fit in to the Anticipation theme of this unit?
Bordertown Cafe Interview Assignment
Where would the characters be?
What is believable but stretching? (This is permission to have fun with this).
RUBRIC: Speaking – Interview RUBRIC
You will write and perform/film and produce an interview with two or more characters from the book from the future.
Is Jimmy a hockey player?
Did Maxine get her bathroom?
Did they go to Hawaii?
What has been going on with Jim?
-You need a setting/reason the character(s) being interviewed.
Interview should be meaningful and complete with character ‘voice’.
TIP: Use the book so you keep the language the same.
If you film this- try not to read off the paper.
BONUS: Music/visuals and believability.
Period 3: Media Studies 20
Work Period on Final Projects