PERIOD 1: PHOTOGRAPHY
PERIOD 2: English 20: Chapter 20.
Work on TKAM projects after we are done.
PERIOD 3: Social Studies 20: Continuing with Population
Work Period; Please write your responses to the following targets.
Copy and paste them onto your Social Studies 20 page and answer them completely. When finished be sure to publish your responses.
1) Define; birth rate and find a statistic/example (2)
2) Define; death rate and find a statistic/example (2)
3) Define; migration and find a statistic/example (2)
4) Define; immigration and find a statistic/example (2)
5) Define; migration and find a POSITIVE example and a NEGATIVE example (4)
See example for the above question; below. I expect complete responses like the following.
ie Canadian is a diverse country with a respective population, industrialized and functional economy. Canada is also classified as a first world country. This is due largely impact hundreds of thousands of Europeans; specifically English and French colonize in North America. They imperial-ized on First Nations people when they came and were promised free land and unlimited resources. A negative example of migration patterns can be found when discussing many of the movement patterns in Africa. Again, hundreds of thousands of people are displaced, forced out of their homes and living in refugee camps because their homes are not safe. They must leave their homes because of conflict, revolutions and corruption. Uganda is currently experience a civil war where child soldiers are used to support the rebel group, the LRA.
6) I can list 10 pros in population growth. (5)
7) I can list 10 cons in population growth. (5)
8) I can explain urbanization completely. (Be sure to touch on the decreasing ruralization; even though we need food and crops like never before. Why is farming growing when people are selling their farms and moving into cities.) (3)
9) I can explain the term; standard of living. (6)
10) I can explain what it means to be a First World country, Second World country, Third World Country.
(What do each of the terms mean and find a picture/map/graph to explain each.)
11) I can explain what the natalist paradigm is. (2)
12) What does it mean to be in harmony with the environment? Do you think we are living in harmony with the environment? Explain your response. (3)
13) How many people live on the planet?
14) What are the 5 largest cities?
15) What continent has the worst poverty? Why? Explain in detail.
16) Should first world countries be force to support third world countries? Explain your response.