We have spent a great deal of the beginning of the semester working together.
Today you will begin your first Essay of Explanation in more of an independent manner.
(You will have four class periods to complete this assignment and it will be the largest assignment we have completed yet this year. Please do your BEST work on this project.)
CR 20.1 (Identity)
A. Examine topics and contemporary and traditional visual, oral, written, multimedia, and digital (including social media) First Nations, texts that present different viewpoints and perspectives on issues related to identity,
B.View, listen to, and read First Nations, Métis, Saskatchewan, Canadian, and international texts that reflect diverse personal identities.
D. Write an essay of explanation (e.g., a process, instructions) that:
- is informative with a clear focus and specific details
- demonstrates thorough understanding of the process of written work and presents the work in manageable steps (time order, numbered steps, and so on) and the correct order
- begins with an introduction that interests the reader
- includes thorough, detailed, clear information needed for the reader to understand; examples and explanations directly support focus
- concludes logically
- uses terms associated with the process accurately.
I can clearly explain a process, or idea to a reader using the format of an essay.
I can effectively include all of the elements of a formal essay of explanation.
Read “Green Grass, Running Water”
Go through the following questions on your own.
How could the problem of Lionel being mistaken for Timothy been avoided?
Why is it important for there to be good explanations for processes?
Open the following DOCUMENT; (You will see your assignment and rubric)
Social Studies 20:
We will go through the history of slavery in North America today.
Media Studies 20:
Please work on finalizing your News Casts.
Each finalized project should have:
-1 stand up
Does your assignment cover all of the following?
Introduction, Who, What, Where, Why, When and the Effects.
If you finish early;
Please begin preparations for your Public Service Announcement.
Remember, a PSA DOES NOT sell a product; it encourages thought.